Motion analysis in rehabilitation
Movement disorders are of high importance due to their influence on the social life of a patient. Apart from the first diagnosis the restauration of the patient's movement abilities by rehabilitation is an important factor.
So far the evaluation of the movement disorder as well as the rehabilitation success can only be carried out qualitatively by the physician. A quantifying of the movement disorder offers not only an improvement of the possibilities for a diagnosis but can also be used for an objective evaluation and adaptation of the rehabilitation method.
Motion Analysis Lab
The Motion Analysis Lab of our institute makes the contactless detection of free body movements with high spatial und time resolution possible.
- Vicon MX Motion Analysis-System
- 10 infraredcameras are detecting many markers
- 64 Multipurpose analog channels
- 16 EMG channels for the detection of muscular activity
- 2 Force Plates are measuring the ground forces
- Eyetracker for gaze measurement
- Roboter for reproduceable 3D motions